The A to Z of Natural Beauty: A is for Aloe Vera
The A to Z of Natural Beauty is a series where we highlight natural beauty ingredients and give you the lowdown on why they’re just so good
Hailed as the ‘miracle plant’, Aloe Vera has benefits that are both external and internal.
Alternative Ingredient Name: Aloe barbadensis Miller OR Aloe Vera leaf juice:
- Rich in Vitamin A, so Aloe Vera increases new skin cell production which reduces discolouration such as dark spots.
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties which reduce inflammation and redness
- Has high water-content, and is especially hydrating for dry skin. When used in skincare products, can help prolong hydrating effects.
Aloe Vera Picks:
- An Atlas of Natural Beauty
- Aloe Vera: A Short Review Indian J Dermatol. 2008; 53(4): 163–166.